CONGRATULATIONS MIKE - WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE :- ) !!
CONGRATULATIONS MIKE - WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE !!The all new Road Star Warrior!
Part muscular modern-day streetfighter, part cruiser from a bygone era, the Warrior is the two-wheeled embodiment of the timeless icon that seduced so many before it: the classic, all-American Hot Rod.
Imagine an air-cooled, pushrod, 102-cubic inch V-twin (1670cc) with the Road Star powerplant as the engine base. With numerous changes made to various components, the new engine boasts a dramatic 40% boost in horsepower.
The new V-twin rumbles inside an aluminum frame with YZF-R1-derived suspension.
Rear: 282mm rear disc brake with dual-piston caliper
Rear: 200/50-ZR17 Dunlop Sportmax radials
- The industry standard for V-twin excellence features 97mm cylinder bores that provide 102 cubic inches (1670cc), pumping out incredible, asphalt-ripping low-rpm torque and acceleration!
- Air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 48º cylinders with pushrod valve actuation keeps engine height down and ensures more uniform heat dissipation due to absence of a cam chain case.
- New-design, larger-bore cylinder features an all-new head with larger cooling fins, ceramic composite bore plating and a one-piece head cover (for greater rigidity around the rocker arm) to provide more efficient heat dissipation.
- Four-valve cylinder head design uses two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and high power at all RPM.
- Reworked valvetrain includes redesigned intake and exhaust rocker arms that reduce inertia during high-rpm performance and modified, higher-lift cams for increased horsepower.
- Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and lower maintenance needs.
- New-design, larger-bore pistons feature durable and lightweight forged construction to accommodate higher-RPM performance with reduced vibration and less reciprocating mass.
- Rare earth flywheel magnet for faster-revving power delivery and increased high-RPM durability.
- All-new twin-bore electronic fuel injection (EFI) with throttle position sensor (TPS), aspirated by freer-breathing twin air cleaner system, ensures optimal fuel delivery, greater throttle response and maximum power throughout the rev range.
- State-of-the-art electronic control unit (ECU) ensures precisely metered fuel delivery and optimal ignition spark control using 3-D digital CD ignition mapping for each cylinder.
- ECU also controls engine air intake velocity by closing one of the dual intake ducts during low-RPM operation for more efficient power delivery.
- High-performance 2-into-1 exhaust system features stainless steel headers and a massive muffler that boosts horsepower while putting out a throaty V-twin growl.
- Dry sump lubrication system uses a handy spin-on filter.
- Smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission features close-ratio gearing for spine-tingling roll-on performance at all RPM.
- Smooth, low-maintenance belt drive system gets an all-new, narrower-design belt that reduces unsprung weight for improved rear suspension performance.
- Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy starting.
- All-new, specially designed, aluminum double-cradle frame increases rigidity by 41% (over standard Road Star frame) and offers tremendous strength and durability with minimal flex.
- All-new, R1-derived truss-type aluminum swingarm, 42% lighter than comparable swingarms, offers superb rigidity and a forward-mounted pivot point that ensures excellent stability at speed and while cornering.
- Highly ridged, R1-derived 41mm Kayaba inverted telescopic fork with 5.3" of travel for exceptional sport-oriented performance.
- Beefy cast aluminum top and bottom triple clamps help increase fork rigidity.
- Link-type, preload-adjustable single rear shock delivers outstanding rear-wheel tracking for precise handling and plush ride quality.
- Dual 298mm front disc brakes feature R1-derived, one-piece 4-piston calipers with fully floating rotors and 282mm rear disc brake with dual-piston caliper combine for incredible, supersport-spec stopping power.
- Lightweight, cast-aluminum 3-spoke wheels wear low-profile, competition-spec 120/70-ZR18 front and a huge 200/50-ZR17 rear Dunlop Sportmax radials for awesome, launching-off-the-line traction and cornering grip.
- Extra-long, 65.7" wheelbase and deep, plush saddle create long and low center of gravity, added rider comfort and well-balanced handling.
- Wide, swept-back, 1"-diameter, rubber-mounted handlebars are easy to reach and reduce vibration to minimize fatigue.
- Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish features lustrous paint and chrome accents (air cleaner, air scoop, mirrors and more) to create a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- Totally trick digital headlight-mounted tachometer, odometer and dual tripmeters with triple clamp-mounted analog speedometer.
- Trick, R6-style LED taillight provides excellent visibility and very sano look.
- Steel fenders combine timeless styling with sleek, aerodynamic profile.
- Extra-wide, 4.0-gallon fuel tank features low-fuel warning light and R1 type automatic tripmeter.
- Seat and fork locks both integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience.
- Powerful 12V 60/55-watt multi-reflector halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and comes with beautiful chrome finish.